2017-2018 Art Honors:
• Acceptance into the Oklahoma City University Oklahoma High School Art Competition:
Bretta and Brittney Stribel (Only 233 artworks were accepted out of over 800 entries.) They were honored at an awards ceremony on November 5th at OCU.
• Scholastic Art Awards
Gold Key: Parker Schovanec, Leah Titus, and Reagan Redelsperger
Silver Key: Parker Schovanec
Honorable Mention: Reagan Redelsperger, Parker Schovanec, Grace Winter, Bailey Williams, Peyton Erickson, Emily Koehn, and Bretta Stribel
The Gold Key winning artwork was on display at Tulsa Community College and were honored at a ceremony on January 27th. This is the nation’s oldest art competition.
• Acceptance into the Young People’s Art Exhibit at the City Arts Center, OKC:
Sophia Groendyke, Reagan Redelsperger (Award of Merit), Leah Titus, Parker Schovanec (Best of Middle School), Grace Nunez, and Ashlyn Beagley.
They were honored at a closing reception and awards ceremony on February 24th. With Parker’s win, Sargent Art Supplies donated over $1000 in art supplies to OBA.
• Innovations 2018 High School Art Competition-
Awards of Merit: Ashlyn Beagley (2x), Emily Koehn, Lexi Petka, and Brittney Stribel
Their artwork was on display at University of Science and Arts of Oklahoma in Chickasha and they were honored at an awards ceremony on March 9th. Brittney was also offered a scholarship to USAO.
• Acceptance into the prestigious Young Talent of Oklahoma for high school students: Ashley Benjamin, Bailey Williams, Lexi Blevins, and Amanda Hutchcraft. This is the most high school students from OBA that has ever been accepted. They were honored at a closing reception and awards ceremony on April 7th at Oklahoma Christian University in Edmond.
• Acceptance into the prestigious Junior Young Talent of Oklahoma for middle school students:
Sophia Groendyke, Becca Benjamin, Juliette Eaton (Honorable Mention in Drawing), Reagan Redelsperger (Honorable Mention in Painting), Tadelech Short (Honorable Mention in Drawing), Leah Titus, Mersadies Eastin (3rd in Mixed Medias), Parker Schovanec (2nd in Drawing), and Grace Winter (1st in Mixed Medias). This is the first time ever for OBA students to receive awards at this exhibition. They were honored at a closing reception and awards ceremony on April 8th at Oral Roberts University in Tulsa
• North West Regionals of the Oklahoma State Student Art Exhibition State Qualifiers:
Becca Benjamin, Jake Colby, Reagan Redelsperger, Tadelech Short, Leah Titus, Gracie Wiseman, Mersadies Eastin, Parker Schovanec, Grace Winter, Makenzi Cooper, Jackson Morgan, Grace Nuñez, Ashley Benjamin, Ashlyn Beagley, Garrett Enderud, Peyton Erickson, Jenny Hopkins, Amanda Hutchcraft, Weston Jones, Emily Long, Emily Koehn, and Lexi Petka.
OBA had 22 of the 60 NW state qualifiers.
OBA Winning State Fair Students:
Grace Winter- MERIT
Mersadies Eastin- EXCEPTIONAL MERIT
Parker Schovanec- EXCEPTIONAL MERIT
Tadelech Short- MERIT
Judge’s Choice- Mersadies Eastin
Ashlyn Beagley- MERIT
Emily Koehn- MERIT
Emily Long- MERIT
Garrett Enderud- MERIT
Grace Nunez- MERIT
Jenny Hopkins- MERIT
Lexi Petka- EXCEPTIONAL MERIT
Peyton Erickson- MERIT
Their artwork will be on display at the Oklahoma State Fair. The winning students will be honored at an awards ceremony at the Oklahoma State Fair when they return to school next school year on September 15th in Oklahoma City. OBA High school currently ranks 5th in the state for awards given at the Oklahoma State Art Exhibition at the Oklahoma State Fair. For this honor, OBA Art will receive a $100 gift card to Hobby Lobby.
• Garfield County Student Art Exhibition:
Parker Schovanec (1st in 2D and 3D), Mersadies Eastin (2nd in 2D and People’s Choice), Becca Bejamin (2nd in 3D), Makenzi Cooper (1st in 2D), Jackson Morgan (2nd in 2D), Ashley Benjamin (3rd in 2D and 1st in 3D), Emily Koehn (1st in 2D), Brittney Stribel (3rd in 2D). Their artwork was on display during the Red Brick Road Art Festival in Enid at Creative Arts Enid.
• 9th Annual Pioneer Cellular Red Dirt Arts Festival Youth Art Show:
Mersadies Eastin (1st in Photography), Juliette Eaton (1st in Mixed Media), Gracie Wiseman (2nd in Mixed Media), Parker Schovanec (3rd in Mixed Media), Angie Herrian (1st in Drawing), Grace Winter (2nd in Drawing), Grace Nunez (1st in Drawing), Ashlyn Beagley (2nd in Photography), Emily Long (3rd in Photography), Peyton Erickson (Honorable Mention in Photography), and Jesse Heiland (Honorable Mention in Photography). The winning artwork was on display at the Cherokee Strip Heritage Center in Enid. The students were honored at an awards ceremony on April 10th.
• OBA Spring Juried Art Show: Lexi Petka (Best of Show and People’s Choice), Parker Schovanec (1st in Middle School), Emily Long (1st in Photography), and Grace Nunez (1st in High School)
• Sterling College Great Plains National Photography Competition:
Honorable Mention- Emily Koehn, Ashlyn Beagley, and Lexi Petka
Best of Category- Ashlyn Beagley
Emily and Lexi both received a 4-yr $50,000 scholarship and Ashlyn received a 4-yr $54,000 scholarship (along with a new memory disk) to Sterling College in Kansas.